Over on my recipe request poll, Mija asked me to share my favorite cookie recipe. My family makes these cookies every Christmas, and the holiday wouldn’t be the same without them. I’m lucky they’re only around at Christmastime, or I’d probably eat nothing but them all year!
Makes: About 90+ cookies
- 1/2 c. vegetable oil
- 4 squares unsweetened chocolate
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- Melt chocolate and mix melted chocolate, oil, and granulated sugar.
- Blend in one egg at a time.
- Add vanilla and sift in dry ingredients.
- Chill overnight.
- Form 1/2 teaspoon balls and roll in confectioners sugar.
- Place on parchment paper covered cookie sheets and bake 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees F.