I know where your minds just went, reading the title of this post: to wooden spoons, spatulas, cutting boards, and all of the other pervertable items lurking in this otherwise innocuous room. Well, get your minds out of the gutter 😉 I’m talking about cooking!
Outside of ttwd, cooking is one of my passions. I adore all sorts of cuisines, and love the chance to branch out and try something new. I collect cookbooks like some people collect implements. I have so many cookbooks (and cooking magazines) filled with bookmarked, but untried, recipes that I am beginning to despair of ever making them all.
Enter this post. Each week I will endeavor to try a brand-new recipe, I will then share the recipe and results with you. In order to share the recipes in an easy to use format, I’ve also posted them over at Bake Space under the user name emma_enchanted where you can save them to your own recipe box, or print them.
This week’s recipe is technically one I’ve tried before, but it’s easy to make – and alcoholic. A grand combination if ever there was one 🙂
Sparkling Pomegranate Cocktail
Cooking Light, December 2009
- 1 1/2 cups pomegranate juice
- 1/4 cup grenadine (pomegranate grenadine if you can find it)
- 1 (750-milliliter) bottle Prosecco or dry sparkling wine, chilled
- 6 lime slices
- Combine pomegranate juice and 1/4 cup grenadine in a 2-cup glass measure.
- Divide the juice mixture evenly among 6 Champagne flutes or wineglasses.
- Top each serving evenly with wine.
- Garnish each serving with lime slices, if desired.
All the usual disclaimers apply: if this recipe leads to anyone getting spanked, I am not responsible (but do want to hear all about it)!