Life has been hectic lately. My work, which is always a source of stress to begin with, is in the midst of some major changes, bringing that level to near unbearable some days. I’m feeling run down and exhausted, a fact which isn’t helped by the cold I’ve been fighting off for the past week or the time change and dark nights. So I’ve decided to fight back.
I can’t realistically tackle the large piles of work waiting for me as quickly as I would like. And each day their existence makes me a little more anxious, makes even dipping into them one small piece at a time harder and harder. I’ve decided that what I need is one rule. One thing I can do each day – something simple enough to be possible, but meaningful enough that it’s important I follow through.
I figure once I’ve been able to check one small item off my list, I’ll be able to harness that feeling of productivity toward the other tasks awaiting me. And won’t that be nice?
Only, now I need the rule.
Edit: Here are the suggestions thus far. Thanks, they’re highly entertaining!
- Emma must make and send baked goods to her friends & drink 64 oz of water each day (I do love to bake). Suggested by Angie.
- Eat chocolate whenever you desire (This one seems a little too easy). Suggested by Eliane.
- Be good always & Emma gets spanked regardless (We’ll just move right along…). Suggested by Fireman Chris.
- The instigator gets extra penalty (As long as I’m not the instigator?). Suggested by Judy Verbena.
- Have an orgasm every morning (Excellent idea!). Suggested by Indy.
- Have a least one piece of chocolate everyday and/or keeping flowers on my desk at work (I’m noticing a theme involving chocolate). Suggested by Kaki.